The Half House cottage is the oldest in the hamlet of Cappercleuch. It has enormous character, if relatively compact physical dimensions. It is extremely cosy and is never left unheated in the winter so can comfortably accommodate guests off season. The owners also live in Cappercleuch so any issues you may have can be promptly resolved.
- Conservatory with dining table and chairs
- Sitting room and kitchen
- Bedroom 1 x double bed
- Bathroom with bath and electric shower
- Bedroom 1 x double bed with fitted wardrobe, airing cupboard and sitting area
- Electric cooker/oven/grill
- Washing machine
- Iron and ironing board
- Log burner
- Dining table in conservatory
- All towels/duvets/linen provided
- Central heating
- Airing cupboard
- TV & DVD/Blu-ray player
- Music Player (for your phone/iPod/laptop using aux 3.5mm jack plug or CDs)
- Mobile reception in the area O2, Vodafone, EE (4G EE & Vodafone)
- Free starter pack including: tea, coffee, milk, sugar, butter, cooking oil, salt & pepper, washing up liquid
- Complimentary toiletries including hand wash and shower gel
- Supermarket delivery arranged if required (at cost – no fee)
- Staying for a week? Owners offer one evening free “taxi” run and pickup from local pub.
- Free locked garage storage during your stay (see below)
- Starter supply of logs and kindling
- No charges for central heating or electricity
- Garden areas
- Patio deck with seating
- Garden swing seat
- Locked garage storage is available for motorcycles, bicycles, kayaks etc.
There are 3 steps up from the front gate and then a further step before the front door. Being an old property the door widths and positions would make it unsuitable/impossible for wheelchair use. It is possible to remain on the ground floor as that is where the bathroom and one of the bedrooms are located. The stairs are narrower than standard so it is not possible for a person giving assistance to be beside the person who requires support. There are several steps and uneven ground up to the rear garden area. Please email or telephone to check specifics if you or one of your party has questions about access.